If you’re ready to feel lighter, stronger, more flexible
AND more fully in your power …
Slide yourself on in to my Nia classes … and with each step notice how the global dance forms, martial arts, healing arts and powerful imagery feed your body & your spirit.
“ I have…never enjoyed an exercise program so much. Jan makes it such fun, and uses her imagination to create routines that are upbeat but, also, deeply satisfying. I find myself leaving class with a smile on my face…The influence of Nia has expanded my breathing and helped to put my body into alignment, so minor aches and pains have disappeared. I highly recommend both Nia and Jan teaching it, as life-affirming forces.”
Live Online Zoom ‘Nia with Jan’ classes are on summer holiday until September 12, 2020!
Regular schedule is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9 am.
I’m so excited to be able to offer online Nia classes that you can enjoy from the safety and comfort of your own home.
Outdoor distanced classes every Thursday starting September 10, 2020. I’ll meet you at Mission Point Park just before 9 am so we can dance in the fresh air. Classes will be transferred to Zoom if it’s raining …
Sign up for my newsletter to get all the deets …
You have 2 options:
1. If you want to try it out you can buy a single Nia class for $10 CAD.
2. If you already know you’re going to love it buy a ‘session’ of 5 Nia classes for $40 CAD (good for 30 days).
When you click on the BUY button you’ll be taken to a PayPal portal. Once you’ve paid you will see the pink Zoom Link, top right side.
- Click on the box to download the PDF.
- Click on the highlighted link within the PDF.
- Register with your name and email. Click on the Register button.
- Then you will get to the link that brings you to class! Save the link!
All you have to do is click on that same link a few minutes before each class and step in to our Nia space on Zoom.
To download and install the Zoom Application:
Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”. Once the download is complete, install the Zoom application onto your computer.
Here’s a PDF to help you have the best Zoom experience: Improving Your Zoom Connection.
Sign up for my newsletter HERE to get notifications and links for the classes you want to join.
Then click on the Nia Zoom class link a few minutes ahead of time to settle in, adjust tech and create the space for your body to move to feel better.
I’m thrilled that we can be together/apart, and look forward to moving with you soon!
(Note that Sechelt Aquatic Centre classes are temporarily suspended for the duration of the current pandemic)
The Nia Workout: Good for your Body
- Nia tones your body and tunes your mind. Each workout brings mindfulness to your dance movement experience leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced.
- Nia’s 60 minute cardio-dance workouts combine 52 simple moves drawn from dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts.
- Nia is non-impact, practiced barefoot, and adaptable to individual needs and abilities.
Everyone can do Nia because the movements are so adaptable to varying skill and fitness levels.
” My triathlon training improved, my posture, my form and my confidence. I have had fewer injuries and of course the benefit of feeling absolutely beautiful while I am dancing away is the best gift I could give myself.” Benita Leech
“This class is great! I have been sedentary for years and this is the first class I have ever LOVED. It feels great and no pain! Jan is also full of infectious enthusiasm. I think this community might become fit because of people like her!” Kathleen Clarke
“Jan leads us through a soulful, graceful and powerful movement experience. It just keeps on getting better! ”
… and good for your Soul
Done to diverse and inspiring music, Nia is a transformational practice that teaches you to be more JOYFUL, EXPRESSIVE, and ALIVE in your body, both inside and outside the studio.
Nia creatively integrates movements, concepts and philosophies from both Eastern and Western traditions. Martial arts and meditative techniques teach mindfulness, a powerful tool for self-discovery. Dance techniques teach how to move with grace and fluidity. Integrative body therapies help us to self-heal through awareness and alignment that improves functioning.
Nia can change your life … body, mind, emotions, and spirit!
- strengthens muscles, improves muscle tone, and increases muscle definition;
- calms the mind and relieves stress, improving cognitive functioning
- improves endurance;
- increases grace and flexibility;
- improves posture;
- alleviates depression, anxiety, and stress;
- improves organ function, particularly that of the heart and lungs;
- improves circulation of blood and improves lymphatic drainage;
- enhances sensory awareness.
What to Wear?
- Wear anything you are comfortable moving in that gives you a full range of motion.
- The class is active, so be prepared to sweat!
- Nia is done barefoot.
What to Bring?
- Bring water and payment for the class, if necessary. Most important, bring your curiosity and a desire to have fun! Nia classes welcome all levels of fitness.