If you’re ready to feel lighter, stronger, more flexible
AND more fully in your power …
Slide yourself on in to my Nia classes …
and with each step notice how elements from global dance forms, martial arts, healing arts plus powerful imagery feed your body & your spirit.
Online ‘Nia with Jan’ classes – Saturdays 9 am PDT
Register by clicking on the green buttons below
In-person classes at the Sechelt Aquatic Centre
Join me on the dance floor to discover the movement magic of Classic Nia with Jan
Scroll down to the green buttons below to register for ZOOM classes with me. xo
Simply register for as many classes/recordings as you want and send me an email saying which days you want the recording. I’ll send you the link immediately after class. Email me here.
Sign up for my newsletter to get updates as they happen …
You have 2 pass options:
- Click on the box to download the PDF.
- Click on the highlighted link within the PDF.
- Register with your name and email. Click on the Register button.
- Then you will get to the link that brings you to class! Save the link!
All you have to do is click on that same link a few minutes before each class to step in to our Nia space on Zoom.
To download and install the Zoom Application:
Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”. Once the download is complete, install the Zoom application onto your computer.
Here’s a PDF to help you have the best Zoom experience: Improving Your Zoom Connection.
Then click on the Nia Zoom class link a few minutes ahead of time to settle in, adjust tech and create the space for your body to move to feel better.
I’m thrilled that we can be together/apart, and look forward to moving with you soon!
If you can’t make it to my classes try NiaOnDemand
With NiaOnDemand you have UNLIMITED ONLINE ACCESS to the full Nia routine catalog
featuring more than 24 dance routines, podcasts, meditations
and exclusive livestreams … all at your fingertips!
Simply click on the image below for your free 14 day trial.
The Nia Workout: Good for your Body
- Nia tones your body and tunes your mind. Each workout brings mindfulness to your dance movement experience leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced.
- Nia’s 60 minute cardio-dance workouts combine 52 simple moves drawn from dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts.
- Nia is non-impact, practiced barefoot, and adaptable to individual needs and abilities.
Everyone can do Nia because the movements are so adaptable to varying skill and fitness levels.
” My triathlon training improved, my posture, my form and my confidence. I have had fewer injuries and of course the benefit of feeling absolutely beautiful while I am dancing away is the best gift I could give myself.” Benita Leech
“This class is great! I have been sedentary for years and this is the first class I have ever LOVED. It feels great and no pain! Jan is also full of infectious enthusiasm. I think this community might become fit because of people like her!” Kathleen Clarke
“Jan leads us through a soulful, graceful and powerful movement experience. It just keeps on getting better! ”
… and good for your Soul
Done to diverse and inspiring music, Nia is a transformational practice that teaches you to be more JOYFUL, EXPRESSIVE, and ALIVE in your body, both inside and outside the studio.
Nia creatively integrates movements, concepts and philosophies from both Eastern and Western traditions. Martial arts and meditative techniques teach mindfulness, a powerful tool for self-discovery. Dance techniques teach how to move with grace and fluidity. Integrative body therapies help us to self-heal through awareness and alignment that improves functioning.
Nia can change your life … body, mind, emotions, and spirit!
- strengthens muscles, improves muscle tone, and increases muscle definition;
- calms the mind and relieves stress, improving cognitive functioning
- improves endurance;
- increases grace and flexibility;
- improves posture;
- alleviates depression, anxiety, and stress;
- improves organ function, particularly that of the heart and lungs;
- improves circulation of blood and improves lymphatic drainage;
- enhances sensory awareness.
What to Wear?
- Wear anything you are comfortable moving in that gives you a full range of motion.
- The class is active, so be prepared to sweat!
- Nia is done barefoot.
What to Bring?
- Bring water and payment for the class, if necessary. Most important, bring your curiosity and a desire to have fun! Nia classes welcome all levels of fitness.